Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Our clinic has instituted new protocols to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. All safety protocols are compliant with guidance provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer, WorkSafe BC, and my governing body the College of Massage Therapists of BC.
Anyone entering the clinic space (including your therapist) will have self-assessed for any symptoms of COVID-19. Patients arriving for treatment must have already completed the “BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool:” https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come into close contact with anyone who has symptoms, please cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a cancellation fee.
Please respect physical distancing (stay 2m apart) during all non-treatment interactions with your therapist.
When you book an appointment, you will receive an email with more detail about the new health and safety protocols. We will take time at the beginning of your appointment to review all of this, and then you will be asked to sign a Risk Disclosure and Acknowledgement Agreement.
While we have taken all reasonable precautions to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in our clinic, there will always be a risk due to the nature of physical contact in massage therapy. As always, I will ask for your informed consent - in that you understand the risks and benefits of treatment, and that you have decided that the benefits outweigh the risks.
If you are unsure about anything, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! I can always be reached by phone at 250-510-5181, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking utmost precautions for your health and safety, there will be some changes to the clinic experience:
1. If you are to arrive early please wait in your car until your appointment time, where I will let you know that we are ready.
2. Please keep all personal items at home/in your car to limit personal contact in the clinic space.
3. The space will be disinfected between treatments.
4. I will be wearing PPE (personal protection equipment such as a mask) during our appointment for extra precaution.
5. You are required to bring a mask to your appointment and are asked to wear the mask for the duration of your treatment. Exceptions will be made for face-down positions that may restrict breathing and for patients with medical reasons for mask exemptions.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this! These changes are here to ensure that your health and safety maintains a top priority at The Art of Balance.